Every step you take on Delaware grounds is filled with history that asks for your time in order to reveal its wonderful stories. You can take your time and not worry about missing your bus or getting too late to the hotel if you choose a reliable motorhome to stay in. We'll offer you competitive deals for your very first RV rental in Delaware.
Must see places in Delaware
Over time, several peoples colonized this region, starting with the Swedish in 1638, continuing with the Dutch, followed by the British and, finally, the Quakers. There are history marks everywhere in Delaware, and its positioning makes it all the more attractive. The Atlantic Coast borders Delaware in the East and is the main reason why this region has been a favorite entry for so many migrants.
History is honored and preserved by numerous living history programs, unique museums, historic sites recognized at national level and state parks. Many of these have nearby RV rental DE campgrounds, guaranteeing a rewarding experience no matter how long you will be staying or what other activities you have in mind.
There are a few cities you should include in your itinerary, namely Wilmington, Newark, Dover, Lewes, and Rehoboth Beach. Their museums, attractions and parks will make for a thrilling experience. Here is just a hint at the marvelous experiences awaiting:
- The Art Museum is home to extensive collections of American art, celebrating the Brandywine School, the painting style named after Brandywine Creek. It was founded in 1912, and it is renowned for its extensive collection of Pre-Raphaelite British art, illustrations by Howard Pyle, and John Sloan’s urban landscapes.
- The Copeland Sculpture Garden is another objective to visit. The building was expanded and now includes a Sculpture Park on 9 acres, studio art classes, a learning area for children, a museum store and a cafe, perfect for a quick RV stop.
- The first farm winery in Delaware – Nassau Valley Vineyards – is a location where grapes are cultivated, then turned into wine and sold. Winery tours are organized here every day, with wine tastings, a visit at the history of wine museum, production areas and wine cellars. The location also hosts private parties, weddings, and corporate events all over the year. When you book an RV rental in Delaware, visiting the Nassau Valley Vineyards is very convenient.
- The brewing company 16 Mile offers various assortments to please beer enthusiasts. It is the best place for adventures with the guys and father-son experiences, and everyone leaves the tasting room with a wide smile.
- Numerous festivals and events are organized in the area as well, so you may want to schedule them around your RV rental in Delaware. One of them is St. Anthony’s Italian Festival, held in June. It lasts for an entire week and takes place in Wilmington within the Little Italy neighborhood. It is a tribute to Italian food and culture.
- Another event is a great celebration of ice cream products called the Old b. Ice cream-eating competitions, fashion shows, fireworks, live music, all the fun in the world and a lot of ice cream of all kinds are the ingredients of this festival.
Excellent Camping Facilities in Delaware
Tall Pines Campground One of the greatest options when you visit Nassau Valley Vineyards, just minutes away. There are 22 sites with tables available, room for fire rings and slide-outs. Other amenities in the camp include fishing, a swimming pool, horseshoes, playground, game room, outdoor games, nature trails, bike rental, cable TV, Wi-Fi internet access, groceries, snack bar, restrooms, laundry facility, and showers. They are available all year-round.
Homestead Campground The perfect choice for a tour of the 16 Mile brewery, which is 10 minutes away. The Bethany, Dewey and Rehoboth beaches are also minutes away from this camp. There are 39 full hookup sites equipped with tables, fire rings and special room for slide-outs. Other facilities include a swimming pool, pavilion, splash pad, game room, fishing, horseshoes, recreational hall, shuffleboard, groceries, RV storage, supplies, laundry facility, restrooms, showers, spiritual services, and Wi-Fi internet access. The park is open for RV rentals in Delaware area between May 1st and September 30th.
Timberlane Campground Located in Clarksboro, New Jersey, but it is the ideal home base for exploring cities like Wilmington, Clarksboro and their surrounding areas. The camp offers 71 full hookup sites equipped with patios, fire rings, tables, and additional room for slide-outs. The camp also offers facilities like a wading and swimming pool, fishing, playground, outdoor games, pavilion, game room, RV storage, supplies, cable TV, internet access through Wi-Fi, fishing supplies, showers, restrooms and a laundry facility. Numerous attractions are available all year round, so you can rent an RV in Delaware and enjoy them anytime.
Incredible vacations begin with an RV rental in Delaware
Before you get the first RV rental you come across, browse the wide selection of vehicles on our website. At Campanda, we have gathered the 25,000 most attractive RV offers available to offer you the vacation of a lifetime, no matter where you want to spend it or with whom.
Renting a motorhome in Delaware, whether it is a class A with luxury features or a class B or C campervan with comfortable and convenient furnishing, is easier than ever. So finding a travel trailer or a van to allow you to cruise the cities in style is just a few clicks through the 25,000 units in our offer.
Our 816 pick-up centers are distributed across 32 countries to prevent you from wasting time and money on unnecessary trips worldwide not just in Delaware. You can also get help with your trip planning from our staff members if you'll just give them a call.
Finally, because we want you to enjoy your vacation as much as possible spending as little money as possible, we guarantee the lowest prices for your RV rental in Delaware, period. If you can find a better offer, just let us know and we will match it, no strings attached. Great vacations begin with our RV rentals – See for yourself!
Still can't find what you're looking for? You can check out our RVs in New Jersey or in Maryland.