When the RV was officially born circa 1910, no one could have anticipated the way it would change many lives, campers and those in the RV industry alike. When it comes to holidays, more and more people are opting for RV rentals - whether local or abroad. Take, for example, Sam and his family who enjoyed a vacation in a Toulouse RV rental. Yes, Toulouse, France. And no, they didn’t pay a fortune. That’s one of the advantages of RV vacations. In fact, a study by the RVIA in 2014 shows that a family of 4 can save up to 62% on vacation costs if they decide to go the RV route.
Think that sounds interesting? Then read on - you’ll find many other intriguing facts below.
Ready for the fun facts? Here we go.
1. Over 40 million Americans go camping in a year. If you’re an RV owner, that’s a great business opportunity right there. You can list your RV on sites (like this one, it’s one of the best) that connect RV owners to people who want to rent a motorhome. The income from renting out your RV can actually fund your own vacation.
2. The average camper travels an average of 150 miles from home to go camping. Now, you and I know you’re not average. This year, take a real camping trip – far from home. How does an RV rental in Toulouse sound? Adventurous enough?
3. On average, RV owners spend 26 days per year using their RV. When you consider the running costs, maintenance, and storage costs associated with an RV, it could be more economical to vacation on a camper rental. I’m just saying.
4. If you do decide to go ahead and buy an RV instead of using RV rentals, do you know that the interest on most RV loans is tax deductible? If you pay cash, the sales tax is also deductible. According to the IRS, an RV with full facilities is considered a dwelling unit and as such, is eligible for tax deductions. That is as long as it:
5. RVs have been around since 1910, that’s more than 107 years ago. And for most of that time, RVs were a luxury only the rich could afford. Today, whether buying or renting a motorhome for a few weeks, anyone can enjoy the RV life.
6. RV-ing is a healthier way of going on vacation if done right. As long as you prepare your own meals, hike or take part in other physical activities, and stretch as often as possible on a trip, your vacation becomes a relaxing workout.
7. Boondocking is not just a way of cutting costs, it’s a great way of becoming one with nature. And nature is one of the best therapists.
8. You don’t have to fly your RV across the ocean to enjoy an RV road trip on foreign soil. You can get one from an RV rental company. Always go for one with a global presence – like the RV rental in Toulouse. That’s where this conversation started right? Well, let’s get back to it.
Toulouse is the fourth largest city in France. What makes it peculiar and special is its location. The city of Toulouse is situated on the banks of the River Garonne, 93 miles from the Mediterranean Sea and 143 miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
Toulouse is also the center of the European aerospace industry. With Airbus having their headquarters here, the Galileo positioning system, the SPOT satellite system, ATR and the Aerospace Valley all having a strong presence here, it seems this little know city should be turned into the center of the world. Toulouse hosts the European headquarters of Intel and CNES's Toulouse Space Center (the largest space center in Europe), Thales Alenia Space, and Astrium Satellites also have a presence in Toulouse.
Now those are a lot of reasons to visit Toulouse – enjoying its offerings from a rental motorhome, of course. But let’s get a little more specific about where you will park your motorhome so as to enjoy the myriad of sights and attractions in Toulouse.
Camping Municipal de Rieux is a 70-pitch campsite located on the banks of the river Garonne. This is a perfect place to park your motorhome in Toulouse as it offers a combination of a natural setting coupled with its close proximity to the city.
Situated in a lovely 17th century setting, this campground is nestled at the foot of the Pyrenees hills along the river Garonne. The Pyrenees hills are a mountain range second only to the Swiss Alps. This makes this camping ground a much sought-after place, so make sure to book early.
Camping Bruno has 37 pitches and is a comfortable campground with basic amenities such as hot water and electricity. There are several activities such as hiking, trekking, and fishing that you can enjoy with family or other campers.
There is nothing to think about, my friend. With a great partner like Campanda, there’s no reason not to go on an RV rental adventure in Toulouse. With lots of sites and attractions to make the perfect vacation, what on Earth are you waiting for? Go ahead and make your booking today.