Do you need help?Read our FAQ page
Amsterdam is the perfect blend of art, cultural heritage, history and modernity. The city presents to you natural beauty, history, food and wine, fine architecture and bustling night life. It’s one of the best preserved historical cities in the world. It has over 7000 buildings dating back to the 18th century and over 7000 monuments. The city has a laid back atmosphere ideal for a vacation. RV rental in Amsterdam offers you convenience in your exploration of the metropolitan town.
1. Install an electric heater in your RV. It provides heat to warm your camper on the chilly nights without using propane on your fuel tank. It is also easy to install.
2. Go for a camper with an extra propane tank. This is essential especially if you will be traveling for a long time; at least a month. The propane is used to power your refrigerator, heat water and power TV.
Having a second tank eliminates the inconveniences caused by impromptu empty tank. It also gives you enough time to refill the first tank.
3. Install a GPS. This could be a handheld or dashboard mounted tracker. It helps you to find your way in foreign locations or if you want to map out your way to a desired location. Besides, you do not want to take wrong turns and spend the better part of your visit finding your way.
4. Rent an RV with a satellite TV. It is important that you stay up to date with what is happening in the country you are visiting and the world at large, especially if you will be on the road for long. Channels like BBC and CNN will keep you posted.
5. Acquire an international camping card in your home country. The card comes in handy to provide admittance to campgrounds and as a proof of identity in place of a passport. At times, the camping card may earn you discounted prices in the camping grounds.
6. Acquire a camping guide in the RV station. The guide helps you to easily locate RV parks and campsites.
7. Consider buying a recreational vehicle if you will be RVing for long. To determine whether buying an RV is a viable idea, consider the costs: inclusive of fuel costs, campsite cost, insurance costs of renting, and the actual renting cost versus the cost of buying. Besides, consider insurance and campground fees for the anticipated time of travel. If the cost of renting is significantly higher then, buying a motor home would be a more viable option. If you decide to buy, consider going for a company with a buyback plan or one that agrees to a consignment. Better still, invest in motor home dealership.
8. Register for “I Amsterdam City Card”. The cards are available at the Dutch Tourism Board and selected museums and restaurants. It offers commuters free and discounted admittance to most of Amsterdam’s museums, free canal ride, free public transport, up to 25% discounts in various restaurants. The card will help you save substantial amounts of money. It is viable for 24-72 hours.
9. The best time to tour Amsterdam is a rental RV is between May to October. This season is usually warm. July and August are the most crowded since they form the peak season. Generally, the city is wet throughout the year though some months are wetter than others. Therefore, bring an umbrella and warm clothing in your RV rental in Amsterdam.
RVs are a cost-effective and a convenient way to move around the city. You get to go where and when you want to go. You can change your route in a spur-of-the-moment.
RVs for rent offer you affordable home-like luxury. You are also not worried about the cost of hotels and having to move from one hotel to another.
You get to choose an RV that is a best fit for your preference, budget and mileage. Whether you want an automatic RV or a manual one, Class A, B or C; there is a wide selection of RV rentals in Amsterdam to choose from.
Campanda is here you to connect you with different RV owners. We are committed to availing various models and classes of motor homes to customers across the globe at an affordable price. Campanda offers customers:
Free itinerary planning: In a city where there is so much to see and limited time for visits, it takes prioritizing for you to see what you intend to and other top places.
Unmatched customer services: Our friendly and courteous customer support team will answer all of your questions, and help you find a perfect RV rental for your trip in Amsterdam.
Accessible rental stations: Campanda has various rental stations in Amsterdam. Most stations are located near the airport for easy access. If you need airport pick up to the rental station, Campanda staff will be eager to facilitate that. RVs offer both seasoned and new traveler comfort, flexibility and cost-effective transport and accommodation. Why not book an RV rental in Amsterdam to experience the city in comfort?
Why not widen your search to the whole country? Click here.